Item # PW 0001
Blood Sugar Gold - Cat Diabetes Support
Natural support for Diabetes in Cats
- Supports normal serum insulin levels
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels
- Supports healthy triglycerides
- Helps maintain eye and liver health
Order Blood Sugar Gold today and help support your cats blood sugar levels.
- 90 day money-back guarantee
- 1 bottle = 2oz (59ml)
- 1 bottle is a 4 month supply for most cats
One of my 11 year old tabbies was diagnosed with feline diabetes. She was lethargic, constantly drinking and urinating and had dropped to skin & bones. I decided to give this product a try rather than the insulin shots. It has saved her life! Her weight is healthy, sugar levels normal, she's playful like a kitten again and even her fur has changed from dull and always shedding to soft and shiny...I'm absolutely amazed.
— Nancy from Ottawa, Canada
About Feline Diabetes mellitus
Diabetes results when a cat's pancreas fails to produce enough insulin. Sugars build up in the bloodstream rather than entering the body’s tissues where they would otherwise provide energy. (This is why diabetic cats are often lethargic.)
Excess sugar in the bloodstream can lead to several other conditions, including heart, liver and kidney disease, increased infections, slow healing, cataracts, blindness, etc.
Risk factors for cat diabetes include:
- Poor diet (high carbohydrate kibble)
- Steroid treatments
- Stress and shock
Diabetes is more common in:
- Male cats, generally
- Cats fed a diet of dry kibble, only
- Overweight cats
- Middle-aged and older cats
Common symptoms of Feline Diabetes mellitus include:
- Increased thirst, frequent urination
- Weakness, lethargy
- Signs of pain in the abdomen
- Cataracts (eyes cloudy rather than clear)
- Weight loss
- Muscle wasting
Diagnosing and treating Cat Diabetes
If you think your cat may have diabetes, you should take him to a vet. A veterinarian can diagnose cat diabetes mellitus by examining sugar levels in the cat's blood and urine.
A recommended lifestyle change usually includes a healthy species-appropriate diet, high in protein and without complex carbohydrates. If your cat is overweight, you can assist with weight loss through diet and increased exercise. Caution: weight loss should be gradual. If cats lose weight too quickly or stop eating, they can become prone to a serious illness called hepatic lipidosis (also called fatty liver syndrome). When this happens, excess fat builds up in the cells of the liver. Be very careful when transitioning your cat to a new food to ensure he is eating adequate amounts daily. Cats cannot fast and must ingest some food within each 24 hour period at an absolute minimum! Conventional treatment may also include regular injections of insulin. Your cat's feeding regime will be determined when a glucose curve is done by a veterinarian. This will indicate the best time to give insulin and when to feed your cat. Also monitor closely any adjustment in diet. Especially if moving from a higher carbohydrate kibble diet to a higher protien, lower carbohydrate diet. Lower carb diets may reduce the percentage of body fat and lower insulin requirements.
What is Blood Sugar Gold?
Our unique formula has been developed by our holistic veterinarians to support stable blood sugar levels. Using the best known herbs for blood sugar maintenance, it also contains herbs to support a healthy liver and eyes.
What is Blood Sugar Gold used for?
Blood Sugar Gold may be used alone (if your veterinarian has determined that medication is not needed) or in tandem with other protocols for supporting healthy blood sugar. It is of utmost importance that care is taken to monitor blood sugar levels when using this formula. The effectiveness for your cat will be unique. Although the ingredients in this formula are herbal, they are surprisingly effective at lowering blood sugar. Cautions are stated to ensure that your cat's blood sugar stays within a healthy range while using this product.
Blood Sugar Gold contains herbs that support the pancreas. It also consists of herbs that support liver function. Part of the liver's role in maintaining blood sugar is to store and release glucose into the bloodstream, as needed. The liver's function is closely tied to maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
Symptoms brought on by high blood sugar levels (such as increased urination, thirst and low energy) may start to subside as blood sugar levels start to stablize.
Can my cat take Blood Sugar Gold with medications?
Blood Sugar Gold may heighten the effect of blood-sugar-lowering drugs. Monitor blood sugar levels closely if administering the product with blood-sugar-lowering drugs. A veterinarian can help to ensure optimal blood sugar levels are maintained.
An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to taking this product.
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! Blood Sugar Gold comes with a 90 day money-back guarantee.
Why choose Blood Sugar Gold for your cat?
- Certified organic and ethically wild-harvested: Our formulas are entirely prepared from organically grown and wild-harvested herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Sprectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Blood Sugar Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money-back guarantee.
Who makes Blood Sugar Gold?
Blood Sugar Gold is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs, and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
Administer product orally twice daily. Give one drop for every 2 lb (1kg) of body weight.
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
We know animals can be finicky! Blood Sugar Gold is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your cat will like best.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product. Product may be hypoglycemic. May heighten the effect of blood-sugar-lowering drugs. Monitor blood sugar levels closely if administering this product with blood-sugar-lowering drugs. A veterinarian can help to ensure optimal blood sugar levels are maintained.
- Devil's Club root bark (Oplopanax horridum): This indigenous North American herb has vast uses. Maintenance of normal blood sugar levels is one of its most powerful applications. It has also been used traditionally by First Nations Peoples for the respiratory system, for joints, the digestive system and as a general health tonic.
- Gymnema leaf (Gymnema sylvestre): With the addition of this herb to our formula, there is specific support to the beta cells of the pancreas and also to maintain healthy blood sugar levels immediately following consumption of food.
- Fenugreek seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum): A seed used extensively in India for health and nutrition, recent studies concur that healthy liver and insulin levels may be linked with regular ingestion.
- Burdock root (Arctium lappa): High in inulin, Burdock has been used traditionally to support healthy blood sugar levels, support the liver and for good digestion.
- Goat's Rue herb (Galega officinalis): Used and grown in Europe for hundreds of years, this herb may allow the body to better tolerate carbohydrates. It is also one of the main plants used for maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. Its secondary ability to support the liver makes it a valuable addition to this formula.
- Dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale): Both leaf and root are commonly used in herbal formulas; however, we have used only the root in Blood Sugar Gold. The root's therapeutic actions are as a pancreatic regulator, cholagogue, for pancreatic and bile duct stimulation, and portal circulation.
- Bilberry fruit (Vaccinium officinalis): Rich in anthocyanins, these berries are considered a wonderful food source of antioxidants. The extract is known to affect the tiny blood vessels that supply the eyes. It also shows specific action in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
...491 mg per ml (20 drops / ml)
Herbs are certified organic or ethically wild-harvested.
Inactive Ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin