Item # PW 0014
Adrenal Harmony Gold for Dog Cushings
A natural supplement for Dog Adrenal Gland Dysfunction
- Promotes healthy skin and coat
- Helps normal hair growth
- Supports normal thirst and urination
- Supports healthy weight, normal appetite
- Supports proper muscle tone
Guaranteed to Help Your Dog
- 1 bottle = 2oz (59ml) a 1 month supply for most medium size dogs
My 11 year old Lab had been on Cushing meds for 1 ½ months and was getting worse – at first she seemed to be doing ok, but then started to really deteriorate. I did some research and realized the cure might be as bad as the disease. Then I looked for alternatives for Cushings and found this website and read how other animals did with this Adrenal Harmony. About two months ago I decided to give it a try as I was losing hope anyway. Am I ever glad I did and I am happy to say she is doing way better and has returned to her happy self. Her tummy looks better, she is eating better, she is urinating less, her energy and attitude are way better. I would encourage anyone to give it a try!
— Tom from Concord CA
How to Beat Cushing's Disease!
Cushing's disease results from an excess of adrenal gland hormones. It is a common side-effect of drugs like Prednisone, which is often prescribed to treat dog arthritis, allergies and other ailments. Cushing's disease can also result from a benign tumor on one of the adrenal glands or the pituitary gland.
Symptoms of Cushing's disease include:
- Increased thirst and appetite
- Frequent urination
- Loss of hair
- Skin problems
- High blood pressure
- Increased susceptibility to infections
If left untreated, Cushing's disease can lead to even worse conditions like diabetes and heart problems.
Traditional Western Therapies
Note: Your dog's Cushing’s could be caused by a corticosteroid drug such as Prednisone - it may be possible to wean your dog off the drug. You should speak to your vet about this. Prednisone sometimes has side effects that are worse than the condition it was used to treat, and makes your dog more susceptible to bacterial and viral infections. Every day, we get calls from customers looking for an alternative to Prednisone L-deprenyl (Anipryl) - for treatment of pituitary-dependent Cushing’s disease (PDH), especially in cases that are mild and when owners are unwilling to risk the adverse effects associated with mitotane or trilostane.
Mitotane (Lysodren) - During its evaluation as an insecticide, mitotane was discovered to have adrenocorticolytic effects. The most obvious and rapid response is a reduction in water intake, urine output, and appetite, which usually occur at the end of the initial course of therapy. Muscle strength and exercise tolerance improve over the first 3-4 weeks. Skin and hair coat changes take longer and the progress is variable. After the first re-evaluation, rechecks should be scheduled every 3-6 months for the rest of the pet’s life to determine whether the dose of mitotane needs to be adjusted depending on the results of ACTH response testing. Overall, based on the results of three survival studies, the mean survival time of treated dogs with pituitary-dependent Cushing’s disease is 24 to 30 months with a range of 1 day to 13 years.
Surgery - If your dog's Cushing's disease was caused by a tumor, surgery might be an option. Only your vet can answer this question.
Trilostane - Trilostane has been shown to be an effective treatment for canine and feline Cushing’s syndrome. Trilostane is a synthetic, orally active steroid analogue. It acts as a competitive inhibitor of the 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenate enzyme system and thereby inhibits the synthesis of cortisol and aldosterone as well as other steroids. The blockade is reversible and appears to be dose related.
A word from our veterinarian:
It is important to note that long-term use of corticosteroid drugs (usually prescribed for inflammatory discomfort such as skin allergy or arthritis) can result in a rebound effect and excess production of cortisol by the adrenal glands can ensue. Another cause of excessive cortisol can be a tumor, either of the pituitary or the adrenals.
What is Adrenal Harmony Gold?
Adrenal Harmony Gold was developed by our holistic veterinarians with the middle-aged and older pet in mind - when increased support for the adrenals can be helpful. The herbal actions in Adrenal Harmony Gold are: adaptogenic, antioxidant and will support the nervous system. These herbs are particularly suited to supporting the adrenal glands and its functions. "Adaptogens" are a group of herbs considered to nourish and balance the adrenals, helping the body adapt naturally and have normal levels of energy. Antioxidants counter oxidative (free radical) damage that can lead to degeneration.
Together, the ingredients in Adrenal Harmony Gold target the body systems that help to keep the adrenal and anterior pituitary hormones in a healthy and normal balance. They also contribute to the body's healthy stress response for normally calm moods and sleep.
What is Adrenal Harmony Gold used for?
Adrenal glands play a vital role in the health of your pet. The adrenal glands are two small glands situated on top of each kidney and they are involved in a multitude of body processes. The hypothalamus and pituitary glands are responsible for sending messages to the adrenals so they can secrete the right amount of hormones and maintain equilibrium within the body.
Some of the main adrenal gland functions are to:
- Help the body respond to stress and inflammation through their production of corticosteroid hormones.
- Play an important role in regulating water and electrolyte balance (affects urine output and thirst).
- Produce hormones that affect blood sugar (affects appetite).
Adrenal Harmony Gold targets the HPA axis (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal) to strengthen the body's internal feedback mechanisms. This in turn, can affect areas of the body influenced by the adrenal glands.
Can my dog take Adrenal Harmony Gold with medications?
Do not give Adrenal Harmony Gold if your pet is taking blood-thinners. A veterinarian who has performed a complete medical check of your dog can help to establish safety of medications taken with other products or specific diets.
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! Adrenal Harmony Gold comes with a 90-day money back guarantee.
Why choose Adrenal Harmony Gold for your dog?
- Certified organic and ethically wild-harvested: Our formulas are entirely prepared from organically grown and wild-harvested herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Sprectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Adrenal Harmony Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these natuional guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day moneyback guarantee.
Who makes Adrenal Harmony Gold?
Adrenal Harmony Gold is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs, and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
Administer product orally twice daily. Give one drop for every 2 lb (1kg) of body weight up to 50 lb. Over 50 lb, add one drop per additional 4 lb (2kg).
Shake well before use.
We know animals can be finicky! Adrenal Harmony Gold is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your dog will like best.
Not to be used during pregnancy. If animals condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. may be a GI irritant. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
Not recommended for use if your pet is taking blood thinners.
For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
- Fresh Ashwagandha root (Withania somniferum)*: A primary adaptogen in this formula, Ashwagandha assists the adrenal glands directly to respond normally and produce healthy amounts of cortisol. This is a well-known herb for helping the body's stress levels and supporting normal, restful sleep.
- Holy Basil leaf (Ocimum sanctum)*: Also called Tulsi, Holy Basil is a gentle adaptogen for supporting the adrenal glands. Of key importance, adaptogens will neither cause the body to relax nor become stimulated, necessarily. Rather, their action is to assist the body to adapt as needed and bring it back into balance. For that reason, adaptogens are used for a variety of reasons when normal adrenal function is desired.
- Fresh Turmeric rhizome (Curcuma longa)*: One of the best antioxidant herbs available, Turmeric also supports liver health. Turmeric can be difficult for the body to absorb. Our extraction method using fresh, organic Turmeric is an extremely potent liquid extract, much stronger than a simple glycerin extraction and captures all of the useful constituents of this herb, including curcumin and other curcuminoids.
- Bacopa herb (Bacopa monnieri)*: Bacopa exhibits uses both as an adaptogen and as an antioxidant. It has also been used for stress and is said to generally contribute to healthy moods and cognitive function.
- Sarsaparilla root (Smilax officinalis)**: A traditional herb of the south western United States, Sarsaparilla has a long-standing use for helping the body to normally excrete excess toxic materials through the lymphatic system. It has also been used to support liver function and healthy blood pressure levels.
- Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceous)*: Another popular "adaptogen", Astragalus helps the body's normal ability to adapt to stress. It also contains polysaccharides, constituents that assist the body's normal immune response to fight off bacteria and viruses.
- Milk Thistle seed (Silybum marianum)*: A gentle and effective herb for normal liver function, Milk Thistle assists the liver to metabolize drugs and toxins to be excreted by the body. The liver also plays a role in denaturing some circulating hormones.
- Blessed Thistle flower (Cnicus benedictus)*: Blessed or Holy Thistle has similar uses as Milk Thislte for liver support. Additionally, it has been shown to exhibit support for the immune system and digestion.
- Chaste Tree berry (Vitex agnus-castus)*: Used for its gentle, tonic action on the anterior pituitary, Vitex is an amphoteric herb, meaning it will help maintain normal hormonal levels, rather than cause them to go higher or lower. Commonly used for female health matters, Vitex is included in this formula for its affect on the pituitary's action in adrenal hormone regulation.
- Prickly Ash bark (Zanthoxylum americanum)**: Used by many First Nations communities at one time, the bark of the Prickly Ash tree has been termed an "alternative", meaning that it will help support normal flow of lymphatic circulation. It also helps maintain normal arterial and capillary circulation.
...460mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
Herbs are *certified organic or **ethically wild-harvested
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin