Item # PW 0003
Young at Heart for Dog Heart Disease
Effective support for your dogs heart
- Healthy and normal heart function
- Heart muscle & heart rhythm
- Healthy blood pressure
- Good circulation
Order Young at Heart today and help your dog's cardiovascular system stay healthy.
- 90 day money-back guarantee
- 1 bottle = 2oz (59ml)
- 1 bottle is a 1 month supply for most mid-sized dogs.
The vet said our dog would probably not live very long because of congestive heart failure. I saw your product on the Internet one day when I was searching for help. I was encouraged by the testimonials on your website, so I decided to give it a try. The first week, I did not notice any improvement, and began to think I had just wasted my money. However, around the 6th or 7th day, my husband and I thought we saw a slight improvement. In a few more days the swelling was completely gone and she was a skinny dog again! We were so excited. She is no longer on medication.
—By Michelle Thomason from Palatka, FL
What is Young at Heart?
Young at Heart is a liquid formula for canines, combining eight unique herbs. Together, these herbs have a gentle action on the body to support the health of the heart muscle, heart valves and blood vessels. Young at Heart is designed to be used every day and can safely be used by dogs of all ages, as needed. If your dog is taking prescription medications, please review the precautions.
What is Young at Heart used for?
The heart of a canine is anatomically similar to that of a human. However, the type of support required by a dog for normal heart function is not necessarily the same as it would be for the human heart. Young at Heart is a formula designed for your canine's entire cardiovascular system. In particular, it helps to support and maintain the normal muscular integrity of a healthy heart, the valves of the heart, and regular circulation of blood through the blood vessels. Additionally, Young at Heart contains herbs to support the heart's rhythm and healthy blood pressure.
Lets take a look inside the heart:
The heart is made up of three different layers: The pericardium (outer), myocardium (middle) and endocardium (inner). The pericardium makes up the outer layer of the heart and serves to protect the more delicate tissue layers beneath.
The myocardum is the muscle tissue comprising most of the heart. There are four chambers inside the heart: two atria and two ventricles. The atria are the uppermost chambers and the ventricles are situated below them. The pumping action of the heart occurs within the myocardium, due to cardiac muscle fibers that interlace into two networks. One network contracts the atria and the other contracts the ventricles. These chambers receive circulating blood and pump it to the rest of the body with each heartbeat.
The endocardium is a smooth, thin layer inside the heart that also covers the heart valves. Atrioventricular valves lie between the atria and ventricles inside the heart. These are the bicuspid (left side of the heart) and tricuspid (right side of the heart) valves. They are there to ensure the blood keeps flowing through the heart in the right direction. Other valves are positioned inside the major arteries that leave the heart and they keep blood flowing to the rest of the body (and not backing up into the heart).
This is a simplified version of the heart's anatomy but it helps to demonstrate some basic information about how the heart works. As your canine ages, he or she may require support to keep the muscular integrity of the heart, and the valves working normally. Certain breeds are known to be more susceptible to specific kinds of heart conditions.
Can my dog take Young at Heart with medications?
Do not use with blood pressure medication, cardiac drugs, cardiac glycosides or blood thinners.
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! Young at Heart comes with a 90 day money-back guarantee.
Why choose Young at Heart for my canine friend?
- Certified organic and wild-harvested: This formula is entirely prepared from organically grown and ethically wild-harvested herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Young at Heart is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money-back guarantee.
Who makes Young at Heart?
Young at Heart is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001.
Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy, you are happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product and information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate or prevent any disease or condition.
Administer product orally twice daily. Give one drop for every 2 lb (1kg) of body weight up to 50 lb. Over 50 lb, add one drop per additional 4 lb (2kg).
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
We know animals can be finicky! Young At Heart is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your dog will like best.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. Do not use with blood pressure medication, cardiac drugs, cardiac glycosides or blood thinners. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
- Mayblossom berry, buds and leaf: This herb is part of a variety of thorny shrub species from the Rose family. Traditionally, the berries have been used but there is mounting evidence to show that the flower buds and leaves contain high levels of useful constituents as well. Mayblossom is high in antioxidants (flavonoids) including OPCs, similar to the powerful flavonoids found in grapes that fight free radical damage. Mayblossom is used for the overall function and vitality of the entire cardiovascular system. It is used extensively in herbal medicine to support the heart muscle, heart rhythm, arterial system and coronary arteries, blood pressure and general circulation.
- Arjuna bark (Terminalia arjuna): Arjuna is a botanical with traditional roots in India, where it has an extensive history. It has been used for supporting the cardiovascular, digestive, urinary and respiratory systems. In the past 10 years, it has received more attention in the west for its ability to help maintain cardiovascular health, including heart muscle strength, heart rhythms and heart rate. It also supports normal blood viscosity and normal blood vessel elasticity.
- Motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca): Motherworts action is twofold. Although it is considered an herb for supporting heart function, it also has been used for restlessness and agitation. This herbs actions are to support normal blood pressure, the hearts electrical impulses and help to maintain healthy circulation.
- Nettle herb (Urtica dioica): Nettle supports the body's ability to excrete fluid through the kidneys. It is also high in minerals that are needed by the cardiovascular system, including calcium and potassium.
- Fo-ti root (Polygonum multiflorum): Primarily used in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fo-ti root has a long folkloric past as an herb for youthfulness and vigor. Today, we also know this plant for its useful application in supporting heart function. Traditional claims of this herb are that it "nourishes" the heart, possibly due to its ability to support the blood vessels that carry blood into and away from the heart and maintain healthy lipid levels in the blood.
- Schisandra fruit (Schisandra chinesis): Extensively used in eastern countries, the berries of the woody Schisandra plant are known to be supportive to many parts of the body. High in antioxidants, these berries support strong immunity, the liver, stress reduction, cognitive function and the cardiovascular system. Schisandra helps to maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
- Gotu kola herb (Centella asiatica): This is an herb with considerable use in both Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine. In the latter discipline, the name Brahmi was given to this herb, meaning "of divine origin". Gotu kola is known for its ability to help support the venous system and blood flow to extremities. Do not confuse this herb with Kola nut (Cola nitida or C. acuminata), an herb that contains caffeine.
- Ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinalis): Ginger is used in very small quantities in this formula to help promote circulation.
...375mg / 20 drops (1ml)
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin
Herbs are certified organic or ethically wild-harvested