Item # NP 7426
Joint Support Supplement - Large Breed
Joint Support all natural dog supplement 5lb
This all natural dog joint support supplement is not just for senior dogs or those with arthritis! The active athletes, show dogs, working dogs, police and search and rescue canines, sled dogs, hunting dogs, AND large breed dogs, as well, will profit from having glucosamine in their diet. The combination of Nupro's raw formula with the added extras make for a superior product from which all adult dogs will benefit.
- 1 container = 5lb/use for a 40lb dog or heavier
What is Canine Arthritis?
Dogs frequently suffer from arthritis. If your pet has this disease, his joints will become inflamed (swollen) and painful as the cartilage and connective tissues of his joints slowly break down.
Warning signs that your dog is suffering from arthritis include a reluctance to stand up or climb stairs. Other telltale signs of canine arthritis include:
- Your dog favors one side of his body
- Limping, especially when he first gets up
- Swollen joints (especially the hips)
- Reduced appetite
- Aversion to being touched or petted
- Your dog loses interest in activities he previously enjoyed: running, swimming, playing, etc.
Large breeds of dogs tend to suffer from arthritis more often than smaller breeds. This is probably due simply to the extra weight and stress on the joints of larger breeds. What’s less clear is why purebred dogs – particularly males – suffer from canine arthritis more often than mixed breeds.
How Nupro Joint Support Supplement Helps
Nupro is made with fresh quality health food ingredients that are human-grade, not animal-grade. It contains a full range of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids, and essential fatty acids in their natural raw forms. The specific joint support ingreedients are:
- Glucosamine Complex (500 mg. per scoop) is a special formula that is an easily absorbed natural substance that stimulates the production of proteoglycans which help to maintain the health and resiliency of connective tissues and restores the damaged cells of cartilage tissue. Glucosamine complex helps promote the synovial fluid that lubricates the joints.
- MSM (300 mg. per scoop) is a natural source of bioavailable sulfur, essential for the growth and repair of tendons, cartilage and other connective tissues. MSM is also an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Ester-C Chelated Mineral Blend (300 mg. per scoop) boosts the absorption of the glucosamine complex and MSM and promotes collagen formation.
I was thrilled to have the opportunity to speak with you on the phone today. I would like to let you know a little bit about my experience with Nupro. I have a 13 year old Miniature Schnauzer, Schnoppie, that I have had her entire life (my first child). About 3 years ago she was stricken with terrible arthritis, with horrible shakes, with periods of time that she couldn't move and I knew she was very uncomfortable. My husband and I had to have that serious discussion about her quality of life. After the tears and the realization we started looking and hoping for an alternative. We were introduced to Nupro through a breeder that we purchased a Giant Schnauzer from. Part of the agreement in purchasing this dog was to keep him on the Nupro. We started Schnoppie on your product following the instructions on the dosage. Within a month her shaking had subsided, she was a lot more lively, her arthritis seemed to be much better. This was everything we had hoped for but, we received more with the Nupro product. Schnoppie had a new layer of thick soft hair growing, her skin had always been itchy and dry, not anymore, and her beautiftil little eyes that had been so cloudy and sad were suddenly alert, clear and happy.
Schnoppie is still an older dog that needs special attention
(mostly love). However, I knew she is a much happier dog by the way
she looks and her excitement for life. Grady, our three year old
Giant Schnauzer, has been on your product all of his life. He is
the most healthy, shiny, fit animal you will ever see. We love our
animals and want you to know how much we appreciate your product
that keeps them at their best.
A very happy customer
I just wanted to take a moment to say 'thank you'. I ordered the Nupro Joint Support for my 5 year old rottie girl, Sable, a few weeks ago. I belong to a yahoo group and many there told me this is amazing. Sable is a 5 yo rottie who sadly was kept indoors her whole life (never saw the light of day). She is a big girl, at 100 pounds (down from 110 when we got her the day after this past Thanksgiving). Her back end was very underdeveloped due to lack of excercise. She had been having alot of problems getting up (very stiff) and sometimes when up on the couch, when she shifted positions, she would yelp. Also, she had been sleeping up in bed with us, but had not been able to get up there for a while now (and would not allow you to help her, growled if you touched her back end.) Also, we had gotten a new pup and she really would growl and snap at him if he came near her, especially that back end.
I started her on the Nupro a little over two weeks ago and to say the difference in her is amazing is an understatement! She is back up in bed with us at night, gets up with no problems, have not heard any crying and best of all, she is PLAYING with the puppy! Even grabbing toys and making him chase her! And RUNNING around the backyard like a little puppy! I was in tears the first time I saw her do that!! And as if that weren't enough, she had a bad case of dandruff......ALL GONE!
I have put my other two on it (2 yo rottie boy, and 16 week old rottie pup). They LOVE IT! I wish I had know about this product before. I had a rottie boy with pretty severe h/d and I know this would have helped him.
Anyway, thank you for helping me to help my sweet girl to enjoy life again (and also for giving my other two a great way to stay in good shape!) I would recommend your product to anyone without hesitation. As a matter of fact, I still belong to a group about canine bone cancer. I am sure many would be interested in adding this product to their pets diets, as being a tripod can really mess with their joints.
Thank you again,
This size is for medium to large sized dogs. NUPRO was designed for your dog to be fed this greater dosage for 2 to 3 months so it can effectively work to detoxify and support a healthy immune system. NUPRO can be (and it is recommended to be) divided between meals. Whatever the daily dosage is, divide and add some to each meal.
Under 5 pounds - 1/4 scoop
5-10 pounds - 1/3 scoop
10-20 pounds - 1/2 scoop
20-40 pounds - 1 scoop
40-70 pounds - 1 & 1/2 scoop
over 70 pounds - 2 scoops
After the starting period, the NUPRO dosage can be cut to one-half as a daily maintenance. Mix with water for great liver gravy!
Store out of direct sunlight in a cool dry place.
Information presented at PetWellbeing.com is for educational purposes only; statements about products and health conditions have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration.
You should check with your veterinarian before using the product with pet's with clotting disorders, being treated with anticoagulant meds, diabetes, or any metabolic disorder causing hyperglycemia, known allergies to shellfish.
- Glucosamine Complex
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)
- Ester-C Chelated Mineral Blend
- Norwegian Kelp: natural seaweed that is a rich source of trace minerals including iodine, which is used for proper glandular function and metabolism. An excellent source of vitamins A, B1, B2, C and E. These vitamins are beneficial for maintaining proper health and are responsible for the growth of bones, a healthy heart rate and a sound central nervous system. A necessity for cats that eat grass---they need fresh vegetable protein.
- Nutritional Yeast Culture: Best source of B vitamins. Helps maintain a full and healthy coat which may minimize the occurrence of excessive shedding, hot spots and itchy, dry coat. Nutritional yeast culture contains only vegetable properties, no grains.
- Flaxseed: Provides essential fatty acids. Most absorbable vegetable fatty acid for the feline. Rich in omega 3 fatty acids, alpha-linolenic acid, fiber and lignans. Helps maintain healthy shiny coat and soft skin..
- Desiccated Liver: Supplies iron and B vitamins.
- Fish Meal: Cats love the taste!! Another source of fatty acids and protein. Works well to balance the flaxseed oils.
- Alfalfa: A good source of chlorophyll and is a rich source of vitamins A and D.
- Bee Pollen: One of nature’s healthiest and most powerful ‘superfoods.’ Bee pollen contains an incredible array of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes. Supports a healthy immune system.
- Garlic: Supports a healthy immune system. Garlic contains allicin, a broad-spectrum antimicrobial capable of warding off different types of infection.
- Calcium Citrate: Intended to provide nutritive support for healthy bones and teeth.
- Lecithin: A rich source of choline, which the body requires to make acetyl choline, a neurotransmitter which is essential for normal, healthy, nerve and brain function. Supports healthy liver function.
- Lactobacillus: Supports healthy digestion. Promotes friendly bacteria in intestinal tract.