Homemade Renal Diet
on April 4, 2012
Posted in Cats
Here is a homemade renal diet that I will use for kidney failure in cats. I will also use marrow soup as the recipe has been posted here previously.
- 1/4 cup cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 ounce clams, canned, chopped in juice
- 1/4 cup rice, long-grain, cooked or sweet potato or pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon chicken fat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt substitute-potassium chloride
- 1 calcium carbonate tablet (400 milligrams calcium)
- 1 250mg taurine tablet
- 1 cat multivitamin (liquid or powder)
You can omit the clams as long as you use the taurine tablets.You can also add egg whites if you desire.
- Put this into a food processor and process until smooth
Sign up for our newsletter and receive more articles and the latest pet health updates and special offers.
Janice Huntingford, DVM, has been in veterinary practice for over 30 years and has founded two veterinary clinics since receiving her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph. She has studied extensively in both conventional and holistic modalities. Ask Dr. Jan