Advice from our on-staff veterinarian:
The liver performs dozens of different functions in the body, including clearing out toxins. Yet liver disease (including cirrhosis) is one of the most common health problems in older canines. It can damage all functions of the dog’s liver, with very harmful health effects.
Even canines without liver disease may need support to metabolize and excrete prescription medications, which are often damaging to the liver. Milk Thistle is an excellent way to support the liver to deal with this toxic load of medications. It is not contraindicated with conventional medications and it is gentle enough for long-term use.
While some Milk Thistle sold in health stores is can be alcohol-based and should not be given to dogs, Pet Wellbeing's Milk Thistle is glycerin-based and safe for dogs.
Milk Thistle should be administered to every dog taking liver-taxing medications and especially if the liver is damaged or diseased.
The active ingredients in Milk Thistle are known collectively as silymarins.
- Help maintain the health of your dog’s liver.
- Scavenge for harmful free radicals.
- Help guard against toxins trying to bind to the dog’s liver.
- Support the stability of liver membranes
As an anti-oxidant, silymarin is even more effective than Vitamin E. It also helps support the production of new liver cells in dogs.
Milk Thistle provides useful health support when your canine is being treated with things like:
- Anti-inflammatories: NSAIDS and Steroids
- Chemotherapy agents
- Bile acid
- Seizure medication
- Sulfa antibiotics
- Daily heartworm medications
Milk Thistle is gentle enough for long-term use.
Healthy Nutrition Tip for Your Dog's Liver
Processed foods stress your dog’s liver as it attempts to detoxify the preservatives and other additives like artificial flavors and colors. Go natural! Avoid grains and focus on healthy proteins from free-range, grass-fed animals. Green foods will help detoxify your canine's liver, such as those you will find in Pet Wellbeing's SPARK. Expect your dog’s moods to be lifted as well! SPARK is a veterinarian-formulated, daily nutritional supplement for dogs of all ages.
Milk Thistle must be glycerin-based to be safe for dogs. Do not give your dog any supplements that contain alcohol.
Why choose Milk Thistle for your canine friend?
- Certified organic, ethically wild-harvested and selectively imported: This formula is prepared from organically grown, ethically wild-harvested and selectively imported herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Milk Thistle is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money-back guarantee.
Who makes Pet Wellbeing Milk Thistle?
This product is made by PetWellbeing, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
Milk Thistle seed (Silybum marianum)*
…333 mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
Inactive Ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin
Administer product orally once daily. Give one drop for every 1lb (0.5kg) of body weight up to 50 lb. Over 50 lb, add one drop per additional 2lb (1kg).
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
We know animals can be finicky! Milk Thistle is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your dog will like best.
Safe use in pregnant animals or animal's intended for breeding has not been proven. If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.