Item # PW 0013
Thyroid Support Gold - Cat Hyperthyroidism Support
Effective natural support for feline hyperthyroidism
- Metabolic support for normal weight, appetite and thirst
- Addresses underlying healthy function of the thyroid gland
- Supports a regular, smooth coat
- Supports heart function
- Supports normal sleep patterns
A natural approach to help your cat's thyroid function
- 1 bottle = 2oz (59ml) a 4 month supply for most cats (6-12lbs)
My 14 year old Cat Munchkin was recently diagnosed with Hyper Thyroid with a turmor on her thryoid. She had lost a lot of weight, was never coming out from her room, vomiting and had stopped eating. The vet gave me some pills which made it worse! The vet said we could do a proceedure that costs $1,500. that was not a sure bet, she was unkept for the first time in her life. I thought she was going to die within days. I could not affort the vet visits let alone $1,500. for an operation that might not help her. I Googled for a natural remedy and found this one. Within 3 days of her taking this she showed signs of recovery.. She grooms herself, she now runs around the house and asked to go out to the screened patio - at night to just relax - (she had stopped doing that two months ago). She still has problems with going to the bathroom in her litter box, it is very very messy.. She is eating better and looks like she has gained 1 or 2 lbs.. her spirit is much improved and I've only been giving this to her for 2 1/2 weeks.. She fuses so I put the droplets in her food and she licks it all up ( I make sure none of the other animals in the house can get to it). I have had cats for 30 years - two of my other cats lived to be 20 years old and I also have three dogs. This is a miraculous product and the only reason I tried it was because I read every single review on the website. Almost every one sounded so sincere that I put my trust in them... I have not taken her back to the vet because she is doing so well and the cost of them testing her weekly was 70.00 for the same result.This has improve my life and my cats life. She is my joy!!!
— By GG the cat lover! from Kissimmee, Florida
Hyperthyroidism is very common with middle-aged and older felines; in fact, it has become one of the most common ailments that vets see in cats. It results when the thyroid gland (located near the cat's windpipe) produces too much thyroid hormone.
Hyperthyroid pets often lose weight, have increased or decreased appetites, and become nervous, irritable and vocal. For several days, they may be hyperactive and have a rapid heart beat, then lethargic, apathetic and uninterested in food, play or grooming. Unfortunately thyroid imbalances are extremely common in cats, the biggest one being hyperthyroidism.
Symptoms of feline hyperthyroidism
- Weight loss
- Poor coat quality
- Increased appetite
- Increased water intake
- Increased urine output
- Occasional vomiting or diarrhea
- Hyperactivity, irritability, increased yowling
If you suspect your cat has an overactive thyroid, you should consult your vet.
Western Medicine and Hyperthyroidism in felines
- The conventional treatment is an oral medication given daily, prescribed by a veterinarian. Effects of may include loss of appetite, lethargy, vomiting, liver toxicity, and skin disease. Cats allergic to sulfonamides most likely will not tolerate this medication. Thyroid Support Gold should not be taken at the same time as conventional hyperthyroid medication.
- Some felines have their enlarged thyroid removed surgically, which requires anesthesia. Cats with high thyroid levels may first have to become stabilized on medication before surgery. If surgery is elected you may consider radio nucleotide imaging; it can add to the expense but it can also prevent missing abnormal thyroid tissue or it can help prevent removing healthy parathyroid tissue by mistake. Surgery is expensive and is not 100% successful. Anesthesia may be risky in unhealthy patients.
- Radioactive iodine treatment is the most costly treatment and involves 3-7 days of hospital isolation (although anesthesia is not required). Unfortunately it is not uncommon for the treatment to have to be repeated as the procedure is not 100% successful and an abnormal thyroid gland tumor can return.
What is Thyroid Support Gold?
Thyroid Support Gold is a natural supplement designed to give gentle support to a feline's thyroid gland. The principal herbs in this formula specifically address thyroid hormones. The adjunct herbs support other parts of the body that can be affected by thyroid hormones: heart function and the nervous system (including activity levels and sleep). There is also some naturally-occurring Vitamin C (from Amla) that provides support for the thyroid and immune system.
What is Thyroid Support Gold used for?
Our holistic veterinarian created the ideal balance of complementary botanical ingredients to maintain long-term, normal function of the thyroid gland. Specifically, Thyroid Support Gold works to sustain the normal equilibrium of metabolism. When the metabolism is affected by the thyroid hormones, it will influence the appetite, thirst and body weight. Skin and coat are affected as well. Normal thyroid hormone levels and a healthy metabolic rate can significantly contribute to the comfort and wellness of your cat for a better quality of life.
The action of thyroid hormones indirectly affect the heart rate, force of the heartbeat and affect the level of nervousness in the body. For this reason, Thyroid Support Gold has been formulated to support a feline's entire body as it relates to thyroid function. Herbs for healthy function of the heart muscle, heart rate and a normally calm temperament are part of what makes Thyroid Support Gold a comprehensive and effective formula.
The action of Thyroid Support Gold is effective yet works gently. Supporting your cat's hormone levels requires a long-term outlook. Please expect that natural supplements for supporting normal thyroid function are going to work gradually over several weeks before you can expect evidence of the results.
Can my cat take Thyroid Support Gold with medications?
Do not use with drugs prescribed to treat hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid function).
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! Thyroid Support Gold comes with a 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Why choose Thyroid Support Gold for your feline?
- Certified organic and selectively imported: This formula is entirely prepared from organically grown and selectively imported herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Sprectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Thyroid Support Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day money-back guarantee.
Who makes Thyroid Support Gold?
Thyroid Support Gold is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs, and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
Healthy Tip from Dr. Jan
Combine Thyroid Support Gold with Milk Thistle for support of hyperthyroid (hyper-metabolic) conditions. The support for the liver provided by Milk Thistle, when the enzymes are elevated on blood panels, is very important and can support nutritionally and phytochemically. If intervention with natural products like these is taken early, the progression of hyper metabolism can be diminished.
A Note From Our Veterinarian...
Hyperthyroidism is not uncommon in cats, usually older cats. The increased metabolism caused by excess thyroid hormones means that your cat loses weight while having an increase (or decrease) in appetite and excessive thirst. Your cat may also appear agitated, hyper and nervous (or lethargic) with dry, lusterless hair and thickened nails. Diarrhea and vomiting can also be present. Your cat may show signs of heat intolerance by seeking cool places. Irregularities to the eyes and retina can develop. Sometimes, cat hyperthyroidism can be caused by a growth on the thyroid gland, either benign or malignant. A thorough check from a veterinarian can determine whether your cat’s hyperthyroidism is tumor-related and direct you to the best course of treatment if it is.
Administer product orally twice daily. Give one drop for every 2 lb (1kg) of body weight.
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
We know animals can be finicky! Thyroid Support Gold is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your cat will like best.
Do not use with hypothyroidism (low thyroid function). Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product. If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
Thyroid Support Gold should not be taken with conventional hyperthyroid medications.
For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
- Heal All fruit spike (Prunella vulgaris): Also called Self Heal, this small herb is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for conditions of “Yin deficiency” and commonly used for gently supporting the thyroid. Although grown widely in North America, Heal All’s specific use in this formula comes from the way it is studied and used in the east where it is called Xie Ku Cao.
- Bugleweed herb (Lycopus virginicus): Bugleweed is extensively used in herbal medicine to maintain thyroid function. Its action is considered “amphoteric”, meaning it has the ability to support a balance of normal thyroid hormone levels, rather than cause more or less hormone function.
- Mayblossom (Crataegus laevigata): This cardiovascular herb is included to support the heart. Secondary to requiring thyroid support, animals will also require support for the heart muscle and heart rate.
- Motherwort herb (Leonurus cardiaca): Motherwort is used for its dual action to support both the heart and the nervous system. It contributes to a general feeling of calmness and can also help to maintain restful sleep.
- Skullcap herb (Scutellaria lateriflora): Supportive to the nervous system and maintaining regular, calm temperament and restful sleep, Skullcap is considered useful for the nervous system and supporting healthy blood pressure as well.
- Wild Oat seed (Avena sativa): High in minerals and constituents that help support a relaxed nervous system, Oat seed provides soothing nourishment to nerves. (Oat seed will not cause thyroid hormones levels to increase, counter to some information available).
- Lemon Balm herb (Melissa officinalis): Lemon Balm has been shown to help maintain a normal range of thyroid hormones and overall thyroid function. Additionally, it is an herb that supports a restful nervous system.
- Amalaki (Amla) fruit (Phyllanthus officinalis): The fruit of this Asian tree contributes high levels of naturally-occurring Vitamin C, a vitamin necessary for healthy thyroid function.
...440 mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
All herbs are certified organic or selectively imported.
Inactive Ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin