Item # PW 0022
Old Friend for Senior Dogs
Helps keep your senior dog active and healthy
Optimal health for senior dogs:
- Helps maintain good cognitive ability
- Good energy levels
- Supports joint mobility
- Strong immune system support
Order Old Friend today and help your dog maintain vitality at any age.
90 day money back guarantee
1 Bottle = 2oz (59ml)
What is Old Friend?
Old Friend is the ultimate daily herbal tonic for the senior dog.
As our pets advance in years, we do our best to adapt and meet their needs at every stage of life. We spend considerable time and energy to make sure they have healthy food, exercise and stimulation. Above all, we tend to their health needs and to their comfort.
Old Friend was designed by a holistic veterinarian to support and maintain great health for your dog as he or she ages. Common to the aging process are the degradation of connective tissue and joints, cardiovascular, adrenal, liver, pancreatic and cognitive function. All animals, even those having lived healthy and vibrant lives, can experience changes in these common areas. In general, energy, movement or vitality may decline, either slightly or broadly. By supporting key body systems and decreasing general inflammation, your pet has a huge advantage to live life to the fullest.
What is Old Friend used for?
With youth comes an innate quality of vitality, vigor, luster, enthusiasm and spark. As our pet friends age, their energy and sharpness may lose the edge they used to have. Old Friend can be administered alone or added to an existing health regime. Old Friend provides an additional boost, suited to the needs of cats in their golden years.
If your dog could use support in these areas, consider this product for your Old Friend:
- Better energy levels
- Joint mobility, easy to jump & run
- Strong immune system
- Mental sharpness & good cognitive function
- Stable blood sugar levels
- Healthy liver
A note from our veterinarian...
Old Friend is designed to make a noticeable difference in the vitality of the senior pet. It nourishes the body systems that can weaken with age.
While some of the ingredients take longer to work on health issues such as joint stiffness, your pet will most likely feel an overall sense of wellbeing within the first one to two weeks of taking this product. Energy levels increase and stabilize. Mental alertness is heightened, allowing better focus and ability to play and have fun.
Can my dog take Old Friend with medications?
Do not use with blood thinners. May affect blood levels of cyclophosphamide, acetaminophen, diltiazem, propranolol or lead to alteration of thyroid hormone replacement dose. Use caution with cardiac glycosides, MAOIs and in hypertension. Monitor blood sugar if using blood sugar lowering drugs, as some herbs may lower blood sugar.
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! Old Friend comes with a 90 day money back guarantee.
Why choose Old Friend for your dog?
- Certified organic and ethically wild harvested: This formula is entirely prepared from organically grown and ethically wild harvested herbs
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of Old Friend is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- NSF Certified GMP Facility: Nationally recognized quality control procedures are meticulously monitored. The NSF Certification Program protects consumers by ensuring that the highest standards of manufacturing are strictly adhered to.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money back guarantee.
Manufactured in the United States.
Who makes Old Friend?
Old Friend is made by Pet Wellbeing, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to product the best products for your pet that we can.
Administer product orally twice daily. Give one drop for every 2lb (1kg) body weight up to 50lb. Over 50lb, add one drop per additional 4lb (2kg).
Shake well before use.
Not to be used during pregnancy. If animals condition worsens or does not imporve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. Do not use with blood thinners. May affect blood levels of cyclophosphamide, acetaminophen, diltiazem, propranolol or lead to alteration of thyroid hormone replacement dose. Use caution with cardiac glycosides, MAOIs and in hypertension. Monitor blood sugar if using blood sugar lowering drugs, as some herbs may lower blood sugar. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
For animal use only.
Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
- Alfalfa herb (Medicago sativa)*: This nutrient dense herb provides they body with calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, trace minerals, beta carotene, Vitamin B6, C, D and E. By weight, it contains high levels of Vitamin K. It is rich in enzymes that help to break down starch, protein and fat. Alfalfa helps support connective tissue and collagen and helps maintain respiratory health and normal insulin production.
- Guggul gum (Commiphora mukul)†: Found in India and Africa, Guggul has a long history of medicinal application in Ayurveda, used for the support of joint mobility, normal cardiovascular function and blood lipid levels.
- Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum)*: A truly versatile and sought after botanical, red Reishi (or Ling Zhi) helps maintain good energy, without being stimulating. It assists the body with stress, supports the immune system and healthy liver and vascular function and helps maintain good mental focus and concentration. Reishi contains antioxidant compounds that assist with scavenging free radicals.
- Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceous)*: Extracts of Astragalus have been studied in relation to positive affects on the immune system and the cellular changes of the aging process. used in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Astragalus has also become a fairly common herb in the west for its adaptogenic (supports stress and immune responses) properties.
- American Ginseng root (Panax quinquefolium)**: Not to be mistaken for the hotter, more stimulating Asian Ginseng varieties, American Ginseng's properties have shown promising clinical results for helping with neurocognitive function and memory. Panaxosides are a group of active constituents available in all of the Ginseng species, said to increase the body's "qi" or vital energy.
- Eleuthero root (Eleutherococcus senticosus)†: Eleuthero is a woody shrub native to parts of Asia and southeastern Russia. It has extensive history in traditional medicine as an immune protector, supporting cognitive function and maintaining balanced energy levels in stressful or physically demanding situations.
- Dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale)*: Dandelion's uses extend from supporting joint health to helping maintain a healthy liver and pancreas. Research has been conducted that shows promising results for inflammation, normal blood sugar levels, healthy digestion (including liver/gallbladder function) and maintaining appetite.
- Ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinale)*: This species of Ginger contains an oleoresin and is often compounded with other herbs for digestive, circulatory and inflammatory conditions. Studies show its effectiveness for nausea and vomiting from various causes. It is used sparingly in this formulation to prevent an overly spicy taste.
...403mg per ml (20 drops / ml)
Herbs are *certified organic, **ethically wild harvested or †selectively imported
Inactive Ingredients: Deionzed water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin